Dr. Gronbach is a clinical psychologist providing individual and couples therapy to adults in the Indianapolis area. Dr. Gronbach earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology at Concordia University, St. Paul as well as both Master of Arts (MA) and Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) degrees in Clinical Psychology at the Minnesota School of Professional Psychology. Dr. Gronbach has had a variety of clinical training experiences ranging from community mental health and private practice settings, university counseling centers, and a large outpatient center providing intensive outpatient group services for adolescents and adults.
Dr. Gronbach treats many presenting concerns including anxiety, depression, trauma, sexual concerns, relationship issues, grief/loss, and family of origin concerns. She particularly enjoys work related to navigating religious and spiritual beliefs and current identity, sexual concerns, and helping individuals work through feeling fulfilled in their lives.
Dr. Gronbach is a great fit for clients who are curious about why they are suffering, so that they can identify and resolve the underlying causes of their symptoms. In session you will address the questions, “How can I immediately treat my symptoms?” but also, “Why are they presenting in the first place?” and “How can I resolve these underlying issues?” Dr. Gronbach cares deeply about creating a strong therapeutic relationship, and works to best understand and treat each person from a multifaceted, depth approach. She builds a trusting, safe, and compassionate space for each person to explore all aspects of their story on their journey to finding greater peace, healing, and contentment. She pulls from emotion-focused, psychodynamic, interpersonal, and mindfulness approaches (such as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy), and believes that many presenting concerns are often rooted in emotional and psychological distress yet to be experienced, uncovered, or integrated into one’s sense of self. Dr. Gronbach values creating a safe and compassionate space to explore these elements in more depth.
- Psy.D. – Minnesota School of Professional Psychology
- M.A. – Minnesota School of Professional Psychology
- B.A. in Psychology – Concordia University, St. Paul
- Health Service Provider of Psychology #99095547B
- Level 1 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- The Challenge of the Person of the Therapist in the Work with Disadvantaged Families with Dr. Harry Aponte, October 2017
- Attachment, Affect Regulation, and Sexuality with Dr. Alexandra Katehakis, October 2017
- Brief Motivational Interviewing, BASICS, and CASICS Training with Dr. George Parks, November 2016
- Inspiring the Deepest Kindness: ACT, Self-Care, and Self-Compassion with Dr. Kelly Wilson, October 2015
- American Psychological Association, since 2013
- American Psychological Association of Graduate Students, since 2013
- Minnesota Psychological Association, since 2015
- Indiana Psychological Association, since 2019